Spatial Bibliography - Southeast Europe
This searchable map displays the geographic distribution of published work on air pollution and health in Southeast Europe. It is designed to contain relevant research articles on air pollution and health, as well as reports and policy briefs from the region identified through electronic databases, reference lists, and experts in the region. In addition to the geographic identification, the literature database can also be searched by type of study and health outcome.
Users can interact with the map and download curated lists of documents. For the purposes of this bibliography, Southeast Europe refers to the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo1, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Romania, and Slovenia.
This spatial bibliography tool was built by ZevRoss Spatial Analysis.
How to use this map
Interact with the map and download curated lists of studies by
- Hovering over a country to display the number of studies in that country.
- Clicking on a country to view the citations of studies in that country.
- Clicking on the “All studies” button to view all the citations included in the map.
- Clicking on the “Unmapped studies” button to generate a table of studies in our library that did not focus on a particular country.
- Clicking on the “Regional studies” button to view studies in our library that looked at air quality and health at a regional level.
- Clicking the buttons that appear above each table to filter by study type and health outcome.
- Clicking the “Download CSV File” to download tables of citations.
Add your publications
If you would like to add a relevant study to the database, either in English or in a regional language, please email the citation (and if possible, a PDF copy or a weblink) to SEE@healtheffects.org. If the article is not in English, please include one to two sentences about the study in English.
1This designation is without prejudice to position on the status and is in line with the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 (UNSCR 1244/99) and the International Court of Justice Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.