You are here
RFIQ 21-3: Studies of Air Pollution and Health Effects in India
Request for Statements of Information and Qualification (RFIQ) 21- 3 seeks to identify and fund scientific teams to conduct epidemiologic studies of exposure to air pollution and cardiovascular and respiratory disease or other relevant health outcomes in India.
Topics of interest include:
- Exposure to air pollution during high-pollution events (i.e., air pollution episodes) and mortality or other health outcomes
- Exposure to air pollution and health outcomes in the first 1,000 days after birth (fetal growth, birth weight, lung growth, child development, and stunting, cognitive development, etc.)
- Long-term exposure to air pollution and all-cause and cause-specific mortality (e.g., mortality due to cardiovascular disease, respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD], stroke, cancer, and diabetes)
- Short-term exposure to air pollution and mortality due to cardiovascular disease, COPD, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.
- Long-term exposure to air pollution and incidence of cardiovascular disease and respiratory diseases, such as COPD, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc.
*** Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions before contacting HEI staff. Thank you! ***
Applicants should submit a Statement using the guidance provided in the RFIQ. In the statement, please describe the scientific team including the PI(s) and co-PI(s) including specific fields of expertise, available datasets, project title, and proposed timeline and anticipated results in no more than 10 pages. The Statements should be submitted by email in PDF format to email@example.com (subject line: PI last name RFIQ 21-3 Statement) no later than FEBRUARY 11, 2022, 11:59 PM IST. HEI will acknowledge receipt of the application.
Investigators invited to submit a Full Application should use forms F‐1 to F‐12 and consult the Instructions for Completing the Application. Form F-12 is optional. Please note that the required font size is 11-point with 1-inch margins, single-spaced. The application forms should be turned into a PDF with appropriate bookmarks before submitting. Please check our website for updates.
Full applications for RFIQ 21-3 (by invitation only) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: PI last name RFIQ 21-3 Full Application) no later than JANUARY 27, 2023. HEI will acknowledge receipt of the application. Applicants will be notified of the funding decision after discussion by the Global Health Oversight Committee in February 2023.