HEI is inviting applications for a Travel Award for its 2019 Annual Conference
Up to three award winners will be invited to present posters on their research at HEI’s conference held May 5-7, 2019 in Seattle, Washington. Travel awards will be awarded on a competitive basis, upon review of the application and abstract (see below). The award covers the costs of conference registration, travel, hotel, and meals.
Please submit your application and abstract via the online form by February 5, 2019. For any questions regarding eligibility or otherwise, please contact Ms. Lissa McBurney at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “HEI 2019 Travel Award”. Applicants will be notified in March 2019.
- Applicants must be graduate students or postdocs at an academic or research institution in North America or Europe (HEI anticipates expanding geographic eligibility in future years);
- The applicant’s research shall not be funded currently by HEI;
- The applicant’s research must be related to HEI’s research interests in air quality and health (as described in HEI's Strategic Plan); and
- The applicant must be able to attend the HEI Annual Conference in Seattle, Washington from May 5, 2019 to May 7, 2019. There will be two poster sessions, on Sunday, May 5 and Monday, May 6.
- Scientific merit and writing quality of the abstract;
- Relevance to, or advancement of, HEI’s research interests in air quality and health.
Online application form, including an abstract for a poster presentation:
- The abstract has a 500 word limit including title, authors, and affiliations (see instructions below)
- The award winner must be the first author and presenter; and
- Limit one abstract per applicant