HEI is inviting applications for a Travel Award for its 2020 Annual Conference.
Up to six award winners will be invited to present posters on their research at HEI’s conference in Boston, Massachusetts between April 5 and April 7, 2020. Travel awards will be awarded on a competitive basis, upon review of the application and proposed abstract (see below).
Please submit your application via the online form by January 22, 2020. For any questions regarding eligibility or otherwise, please contact Ms. Lissa McBurney at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HEI 2020 Travel Award”. Applicants will be notified of decisions in February 2020.
- Up to three awards will be granted to graduate students or postdocs at academic or research institutions in North America or Europe, outside of Greater Boston (HEI anticipates expanding geographic eligibility in future years). The award covers the costs of conference registration, travel, hotel and meals.
- Up to three awards will be granted to graduate students or postdocs at institutions in Greater Boston. The awardees will have their registration fees (including meals) for the conference waived.
- The applicant’s research shall not be funded currently by HEI;
- The applicant’s research must be related to HEI’s research interests in air quality and health (as described in HEI's strategic plan); and
- The applicant must be able to attend the HEI Annual Conference in Boston, Massachusetts from April 5, 2020 to April 7, 2020. There will be two poster sessions, on Sunday, April 5 and Monday, April 6.
- Scientific merit and writing quality of the abstract;
- Relevance to, or advancement of, HEI’s research interests in air quality and health
- Application form, available here
- Abstract for a poster presentation
- 500 word limit including title, authors and affiliations (see instructions below)
- The award winner must be the first author and presenter; and
- Limit one abstract per applicant